Compensation: $50,976.67 - $125,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Job Title: Facilities Engineer
Job Location: York, PA
Hourly Rate: Up to $39.30hr
depending on experience
- We currently have an opening in York, PA for a Facilities Engineer to plan, design and coordinate facility renovations, layouts, equipment updates, and utility supports using AutoCad 2017.
- Plans, designs and coordinates facility renovations, layouts, equipment updates and utility support; may include modernization, maintenance and upgrading of plant electrical and mechanical systems, structures, architecture and interior finishes; ensures facilities compliance with OSHA, EPA, applicable codes (NEC, IBC, ADA) and local, state and federal codes and regulations.
- Develops implementation schedules for maintenance and/or subcontractor activities relating to facilities modernization, coordinating those activities to minimize production/operation delays or lost time and ensures compliance to schedules and project objectives.?
- Investigates need for new facilities and equipment; participates in make or buy decision.?
- Develops specifications for foundations, structural, electrical, mechanical and necessary utilities which support facilities project implementation.?
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance and quality requirements are met.?
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, plans and performs engineering design, development and/or analysis tasks of moderate complexity for a project or may lead these activities for a small project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule and performance requirements.?
- Applies Engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to a portion of a technical project.
- Manages assigned facility project in area of training, including meeting with customers to define project scope, determining conceptual design approach, developing and monitoring project budgets and schedules, handling communication during construction, monitoring construction quality, negotiating changes, creating a punch-list and certifying completion for final payment.?
- Applies knowledge of facility design to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects the best methods or process from among several existing alternatives.?
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.?
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.?
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules and budgets.?
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems of moderate complexity.?
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements.?
- Analyzes and recommends methods for improving efficiency and reducing environmental impact of plant operations.?
- Provides input on equipment reliability and robust design.?
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends and applications.?
- May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.?
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.?
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.?
Scope of Position:
- Budget responsibility ? responsible for estimated and actual costs on projects managed.?
- Problem solving ? uses engineering and scientific principles, logic and defined procedures to complete tasks with supervision.?
- Area of impact: performance on project costs and schedules can affect programs.?
- Nature of impact: impact is typically limited to self and project team but can affect others.?
- Interpersonal skills: courtesy and tact is a significant part of the job in the exchange of information within the department and project team.?
- Negotiation skills: required to negotiate project changes and to negotiate with customers on project scope and schedule.?
- Project management: project team member or leader.
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.?
- Familiarity with current computer applications including Word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing and CAD/CAFM software including MS Office Suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio).?
- High mental/visual application required to analyze facilities problems and recommend solutions
- AutoCad 2017
- Minimum education / experience: B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline (or) an equivalent combination of education and experience, plus 2 years relevant experience.?
- Experience working with Bargaining union employees is a plus. This position requires daily interaction with union employees.?
- Prefer engineering experience with relevant applications in an industrial environment
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Regularly required to sit; frequently required to move about and reach with hands and arms; may occasionally be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.?
- May require visits or assignments to shop or production area, test facilities or customer sites.?
- May require travel.
Loading some great jobs for you...