- Amateur Sports
- $58,070.00 -91,730.00/year*
750 Wilbraham Rd
CoSIDA Career Center Springfield College
Coordinator of Media Relations
The Coordinator of Media Relations maintains a comprehensive sports communication media relations program for twenty six varsity sports, including videography, video production and editing, sport statistics, writing and website maintenance.Responsibilities include:
- Game Day Media Relations Operations. Keep statistics, coordinate live stat and live video streaming set up and execution, post social media throughout contests, write recaps, create and edit highlight video, photos, and hold interviews.
- Coordinate Inside the Pride weekly series including set up and conduction on camera interviews, shooting video at various venues, editing and producing a 5 minute feature video posted on web and social media for student athlete and program exposure as well as for recruiting and retention.
- Design Game Day Program for all home contests using Adobe InDesign.
- Virtual Guides. Oversee all facets of recruiting publications including production, design, and distribution of online virtual media guides and one sheet recruiting brochures.
- Serve as the primary contact for multiple sports, developing and managing publicity for each.
- Possess video production and video editing skills to produce promotional content as well as highlights, for social media and web sites maintained by Springfield College Athletics.
- Write, research, compile and edit various athletic department communications materials, including press releases, game notes, game programs, social media posts, and feature articles.
- Responsible for updating record books and student-athlete and coaches' bios.
- Responsible for maintaining statistical archives for assigned sports.
- Assist in overall maintenance and upkeep of athletic department website ( www.SpringfieldCollegePride.com ) with specific focus on assigned sports.
- Assist in coordinating and supervising of game day student staff.
- Promote student-athletes for various national, regional and conference awards.
- Comply with all NCAA, NEWMAC and Springfield College rules, regulations and policies.
The individual should be an experienced college athletics communicator with strong experience in public and media relations and ability to generate engaging content in written, video, social media, graphics or other innovative formats.
Bachelor's degree (preferably in journalism, communications or related field); with a minimum of two (2) years' experience in an athletic communications/media relations setting;Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work athletic events, including weekends and/or evenings;
- Video production software and video editing software skills;
- Proficiency with desktop publishing, including InDesign and Photoshop;
- Familiarity and knowledge of Genius Sports NCAA scoring software, PrestoSports stats, and/or StatCrew;
- Experience with social media tools;
- A well-rounded knowledge of athletics, including those sports offered at Springfield College.
This position requires working evening, holiday, or weekend work during sport season transitions, championship seasons. Occasional travel required for championships and spring break.
To apply: please visit our career site www.springfield.edu/careers
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...