Software Development Manager – Game Advertising Innovation
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you ready to own and drive the design, implementation and launch of a new approach to ML-driven advertising for Games ? Amazon Game Publishing Services is looking for an energetic, focused and skilled Software Development Manager to lead a team building the foundation of a disruptive advertising system set to revolutionize customer acquisition for Gamer Developers . Imagine layering the strength of Amazon’s assets with the power of Machine Learning to build a disruptive programmatic service for game developers.
We are a lean and fast-paced start-up funded by Amazon Web Services, working with the world’s leading game companies to drive usage, engagement and revenue for the world’s top gaming titles and future hits on Console, PC and Mobile. As an initial member of the founding team you will have unparalleled access, scope and impact.
You and your team will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of this product. You will participate in product direction, planning, and execution of some of our most strategic technical projects that will delight our customers and make significant business impact. You are comfortable with being at the forefront of technology and are excited about shaping the future of programmatic advertising. You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter, passionate leader who strives to deliver world-class products and loves working in a fast-paced team. You are customer-obsessed and data-driven.
Key responsibilities include:
· Hire and develop a strong and highly effective team
· Provide a vision and leadership for an organization of senior and junior engineers responsible for the development of highly-scalable, manageable, and secure technologies and tools
· Create goals, plans and commitments for yourself and your team, then deliver consistently against them.
· Drive the architecture and technology choices for platform
· Work with the Scientists, Development teams, Marketing teams and Game developers to drive the product strategy
· Collaborate within and outside of the team to clarify product requirements and align on technical vision and execution.
· Mentor and groom junior engineers and senior leaders.
· Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 3+ years of experience with at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
· Experience with enterprise wide programs that include both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Game industry, publishing experience or advertising experience
· Experience working with Big Data, Machine Learning technologies
· Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Full life-cycle product development experience (from vision to production)
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with product managers, designers, testers, engineers, and executives
· Demonstrate extraordinary people skills, customer obsession and attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation,
Loading some great jobs for you...