Software Development, Merch By Amazon
Employment Type: Full-Time
Merch by Amazon is a rapidly expanding Amazon business that provides a make-on-demand platform for creating, publishing, promoting, and selling merchandise such as t-shirts, hoodies, and other products. Content creators can create, sell and market their merchandises using this platform. A key to the success of this platform is sophisticated and scalable functionality and integration with a large number of Amazon services. A software development engineer will create new functionalities and will own significant modules of Merch by Amazon.
The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of end-to-end multi-tier software knowledge, thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience developing web services and large-scale software. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives, and be capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
The person should be an active practitioner of server-side engineering excellence: high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great. This team shares and contributes to Amazon's vision of being the 'Earth's biggest store'. The opportunity for making a business impact and career growth is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
· 2+ years' experience building and operating high-quality, low-latency web-based applications with large-scale data storage, on AWS or equivalent infrastructure, in a collaborative environment
· Expertise in Java, DB concepts and handling large scale distributed systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with various DB technologies - both relational and no-sql
· Working knowledge of front end technology
· Experience with Git or similar source control system(s)
· Experience with an Agile software development methodology
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Loading some great jobs for you...