Applied Scientist - Alexa Speech
Employment Type: Full-Time
Interested in making Amazon Echo more intuitive? Help us make Alexa personalized to each of our customers. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Speaker Recognition, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build industry-leading speaker recognition technologies and machine learning systems that customers love.
The Speaker ID (Voice Recognition) team enables Alexa to provide personalized experiences to millions of Alexa customers. Our mission is to make Alexa your best friend, recognizing you by your voice with confidence. At the core, we use both statistical, deep learning, and neural network models to make the magic happen. We are the brains behind “Alexa, who am I?”, “Echo, call my mom.” and more. We provide millions of Alexa customers personalized experiences 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As an applied scientist for the Alexa Engine team focused on Speaker Recognition, you will be responsible for building industry-leading intelligent offerings that customers love. Our mission is to apply Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), in order to reduce users cognitive load, reduce friction in their day-to-day activities and finally, inspire our customers by enabling serendipitous discovery of experience.
We are looking for top Applied Scientists who can build new product and/or help us take our products to the next level who has deep passion for building machine-learning solutions; ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and has a proven track record of execute complex projects. As an Applied Scientist in Machine Learning, you will:
· Use machine learning and data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving
· Research new machine learning approaches to all aspects of the voice recognition, personalization, and ASR
You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in artificial intelligence. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
· 3+ years industrial experience in applying Machine Learning techniques (SVM, GMM, LDA, etc.) to solve real problems
· 1+ years experience with deep learning technology
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithm, and information retrieval; programming proficiency (e.g. Python) is required
· Track records of publishing papers and patents -- the applicant should at least has one first-author paper in tier-1 conference.
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or related technical field
· Industrial experience in speech, speaker recognition or image recognition.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Academic and/or industry experience with standard ML techniques, training pipelines, Neural Net frameworks
· Strong verbal/written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Loading some great jobs for you...