Lab Development Engineer - AWS Federal Training
Employment Type: Full-Time
Would you like to become part of the team that is redefining the way IT training is delivered to government and national security mission owners? Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Federal Training team working with government mission owners to deliver training to government customers.
We’ve experienced rapid growth in the demand for a wide range of AWS courses, and these courses are having a direct impact on our customers in the government space. Government customers are rapidly adopting AWS to transform missions with cloud computing as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions.
To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of slides and a long lecture. We are developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs, complex process and solution diagrams, e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies.
As a Lab Development Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and implementing next-generation technology for publishing training curriculum and improving the student training experience. You will have the opportunity to dive deep into technologies including AWS, Jenkins and Git as you design tools and systems for integrating and publishing changes to curriculum in a rapid, agile manner. You will participate in the technical design and implementation of AWS training labs, and will perform code reviews to ensure lab reliability and scalability across our worldwide training offerings.
You will work hand-in-hand with our AWS Curriculum teams to design, develop, revise, and troubleshoot labs that run the gamut of AWS services. You will also utilize your deep technical skills and in-depth knowledge of AWS to ensure that the lab environments used by our students to train on AWS services are rigorously tested and continuously updated, and are structured to achieve specific, concrete learning objectives. You will also be involved in larger initiatives to gather data on ongoing lab health, so that any issues with labs can be addressed in a timely, pro-active manner.
The qualified candidate will have experience designing and developing hands-on labs, excellent writing skills, a deep technical knowledge of IT domains, and the ability to provide analysis of learning materials from a technical perspective. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have training, instructional design, or technical documentation experience. Above all, you will have a passion for learning and contributing to team and customer success.
This position is located in Herndon, VA. Ability to travel as necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
· Create and maintain automated lab publishing processes used by Curriculum Developers, Solutions Architects, and other cross-functional teams.
· Identify additional opportunities for automation of curriculum publication processes and lab environment monitoring. Implement these solutions using various programming languages and AWS technologies, all with an eye toward delighting customers and increasing the overall operational efficiency of the business.
· Assist in the design, implementation, and review of code for hands-on lab offerings, ensuring that all new and existing labs can be created in a reliable, repeatable, and scalable manner.
· Design and develop new labs based on requirements provided by Curriculum Developers and subject matter experts. Consult with Curriculum Developers as they write lab content to ensure consistency and quality.
· Coordinate and perform the testing of new labs prior to release.
· Provide front-line support for training courses and self-paced online training, ensuring a rapid resolution to issues surfaced by customers and instructors.
· Gather and collate data from instructors who are teaching classes, and from students who have taken labs, and respond proactively to lab issues and usability feedback.
· Design and implement systems for measuring and improving lab quality, such as health dashboards and automated continuous testing frameworks.
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/federal/
· Understanding of federal mandates, security, standards and compliance for national security mission systems operating in a multi-tenant infrastructure/platform as a service environment.
· 3+ years of experience in solutions architecture or DevOps at scale.
· Professional experience architecting/operating systems built with Amazon Web Services.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· One or more current AWS certifications.
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment platforms.
· Familiarity with basic administration tasks for both Linux and Windows operating systems.
· Hands-on experience with version control tools like Git.
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies and tools.
· Proven success in a fast-paced, agile work environment.
· Prior experience in the training industry.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Loading some great jobs for you...