Cox Media Group (CMG) and our San Antonio radio cluster are seeking an experienced Account Executive to join their growing team!
Your main responsibility as an Account Executive is to achieve revenue goals as set out at annual budget meetings (or initial hire) by prospecting local business, presenting sales proposals, closing the sale and continued customer service.
Primary Responsibilities and Functions
* Responsible for servicing and securing mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach our audience through the media opportunity offered by the stations and online capabilities.
* Assist in generating new revenue for the 7 CMG-San Antonio radio stations, digital assets, display networks & SEO-SEM. Responsible and accountable for all aspects of your account list including sales, service, internal and external communication as well as collections owed to CMG San Antonio.
* Assisting in the development of sales presentations and marketing materials.
* Assisting in the creation of research materials and presentations.
* Assisting in the organization of station \"Target\" Account development.
* Completing the CSS \"How Selling\" training.
* Assisting in all areas to work together as a team with your counterparts to ensure that the Station is maximizing all advertising sales opportunities.
* Assisting in the implementation of CSS customer focused sales.
* Assisting in the development of sales tools, presentation materials such as case studies, or other such vehicles deemed necessary by management.
* Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
* Wide Orbit knowledge helpful
* Requires excellent sales skills
* Requires good interpersonal skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word-PowerPoint-Excel)
* Understanding of Online Marketing
* The ideal candidate will have a college degree, one to two years media sales experience, and a proven track record of business development
* This candidate will possess a keen understanding of marketing and have experience negotiating with ad agencies
* Strong command of online display advertising, streaming audio and video, and search marketing is preferred
* Occasional night and weekend work is required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company's operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country's biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.