The Manager, Multiplatform Strategy and Social is responsible for conceiving, managing and publishing best-in-class digital content experiences for Discovery’s Factual brands. They will report to the Sr. Director, Multiplatform Strategy and Social.
He or she will manage the entire project lifecycle and create high-quality content that engages and entertains our fans while meeting growth and engagement goals. He or she will partner with teams in marketing, media, video production, design and product. The Manager will work closely across the networks’ departmental teams to ensure online content extends the brand, communicates a coherent message in sync with network initiatives, and drives viewers across all owned and operated platforms. The Manager will mentor junior members of the team.
Position can be based in LA or NYC.
1. Promote Discovery’s Factual content portfolio using engaging social media content, campaigns, and online events
2. Build awareness, buzz and affinity for Discovery’s Factual brands on social media
3. Craft original content for Discovery.com
4. Develop and maintain presence of programming on Discovery’s Factual website properties
5. Build partnerships with marketing, online, interactive media and programming departments to leverage all digital resources and assets.
6. Serve as the digital media expert for assigned programming
7. Monitor and evaluate new technologies to ensure that Discovery’s Factual brands are on cutting edge of new innovations in the digital media space
8. Collect data and evaluate performance digital successes and trends using key measurement techniques on the web (i.e. Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, etc)
* Bachelor’s degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
* 4-5 years experience in social media marketing or equivalent
* Proficiency with MS Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
* Proficiency in online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights), online content management and publishing systems (Spredfast), and social listening tools
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong quantitative analysis and creative problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to multitask in a deadline- driven, fast paced environment
* Able to prioritize and successfully complete multiple, ongoing projects
* Should be creative
* Possess an affinity for detail and organization.
* Create/sustain positive working relationships with various constituents (internal and external).
* Openness to feedback and rapid campaign evolution; calm under pressure
* Strategic thinking; business acumen
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, LA, California, CA, LAX
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...