Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof Job Description:
This position will perform routine and non-routine scientific assignments. The individual will be responsible for conducting, planning, designing, appraising, and publishing routine and non-routine evaluations and projects of limited scope. Participation in portions of larger, long duration and more diverse projects is expected. Having the ability to carry out small projects is highly desirable.Job Responsibilities:
- Research relationships between roofing membrane formulation and weathering, fire properties, and physical performance.
- Aid in development and commercialization of new adhesive/sealant product and technologies for the commercial roofing system.
- Assist in developing solutions and ideas through evolutionary changes to existing practices/products/formulations/processes and develop alternative approaches.
- Conduct long duration weathering, heat seam and physical property studies using accelerated aging, ASTM and mechanical test equipment.
- Assist in scale-up trial runs, field testing and analysis of customer requirements.
- Innovation in lab test methods to measure product performance and perform troubleshooting
- Collaborate on external research and development activities.
- Interact with vendors to procure equipment, chemicals, and materials for the laboratory work.
- Prepare and ship samples, as needed.
- Maintain laboratory safety.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in an operable and calibrated condition.
- Plan and complete day-to-day work activities to meet timelines.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Science/Engineering Related field and a basic understanding of material mechanical and chemical property. Chemical Engineering is plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience would be required, in order to be considered.
- Must work safely and be safety conscious at all times.
- Training in good laboratory practice and hands-on skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be capable of communicating effectively and working cooperatively with corporate personnel, customers, vendors, plant staff, and teammates.
- Must be fluent in the use of contemporary software for preparing memos and reports.
- Must have excellent math skills.
- Must be able to routinely lift 25 pounds.
- Proven ability to work in a team and handle deadlines and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated experimental accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Must manage multiple assignments effectively in a fast path environment.
- Proven positive interaction initiative, strong problem-solving skills, and enthusiasm for assigned work.
- Proven flexibility as processes, tests, and procedures will change to suit the changing needs of the development process.
- Ability to conduct analytical tests if needed.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Associated topics: hematopathology, lab, medical technologist, microbiology, services, technician i, technician ii, technician lab, technologist, toxicology