Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Reviewed is seeking an eager and talented content creator to join us as a full-time Staff Writer to help us write the best content on the planet about appliances and home goods. The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You'll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that helps people's lives. You'll have a chance to test out the most promising products and share your recommendations across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people make the smartest decisions about what they buy and get the most out of the stuff they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires some editorial experience and hunger for learning how the things in their house actually work. We would be open to writers who only have experience with their own personal sites, school publications, or social media accounts, as long as they demonstrate an understanding of content production and journalistic ethics.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to appliance reviews. You'll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a team of talented, like-minded product nerds.
The Appliances and Home Goods Staff Writer role reports to the Editor for Appliances, part of the Reviewed Home Team. Works is done our editorial offices and (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA. Experienced remote employees may be considered, but our preference is for candidates in the greater Boston area.
* Create content to interest and inform readers
* Collaborate with in-house lab techs to integrate test data into product reviews and other articles
* Support the daily editorial calendar for Reviewed's Emerging Categories coverage using smart, data-driven decisions.
* Help research potential new product categories for future content directions.
* Produce multiple product reviews per month.
* Update our existing product roundups with new testing, new trends, and the latest news, when needed.
* Produce quick-turnaround feature stories on relevant topics, when needed.
* Assist the editorial team as a whole in writing assignments and generating great story ideas.
* Ability to write clearly and succinctly
* Empathy for readers' needs
* Creative ability to identify and execute related features
* Interest in product technology, and the ability to explain it
* Experience with digital image editing software like Photoshop
* Understanding of the consumer search trends and shopping habits
* Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice
* An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards
* 1-3 years producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content is a plus
* Adobe Analytics experience a plus
The majority of work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You're expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and a solid benefits package, including health, dental, matching 401k, PTO, and much more.
As a part of Reviewed, you'll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That's where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
HOW TO APPLY
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
* Your resume - one to two pages.
* A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
* Links to 3-5 online samples of your work. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled in a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
* Job FamilyNews
* Job FunctionConsumer
* Pay TypeSalary
* Cambridge, MA, USA
Associated topics: book, content, edit, freelance, freelance writer, proofread, publishing, reporter, scriptwriter, writer