Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Business Development Manager
Great opportunity to join a prestigious, well respected, AM 200 law firm and support the Finance & Restructuring and Multifamily Housing Finance practices. This position is based in the firm’s Washington, DC office and will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to cultivate business and grow revenue.
This firm's culture is one of community and service demonstrated by their commitment to pro bono and community service. The firm also has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion along with employee development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate business with current and prospective clients.
- Develop high quality, tailored pitch materials and responses to RFPs with meaningful ideas and creativity to shape strategic pursuits.
- Regularly develop compelling practice area content to reflect recent developments and enhanced capabilities.
- Work with the senior business development managers and practice leadership to develop annual business plans.
- Work with firm lawyers to develop individual practice plans and support key initiatives.
- Conduct client, prospect, industry, competitor and market research/analysis to inform targeted business development efforts.
- Develop and implement industry-focused strategies and help the practices leverage participation in important industry programs.
- Identify and execute on cross-selling opportunities.
- Work with the senior business development managers and practice leadership to implement lateral integration plans.
- Work with the firm’s communications team to effectively promote the successes of the practices, including identifying media, publishing and speaking opportunities that align with the profile-raising objectives of the practices.
- Develop practice group directory and award submissions for publications like Chambers.
- Update practice collateral to reflect recent developments and enhanced capabilities.
- Develop systems to help track progress on practice priorities.
- Collect matter data for inclusion in the firm’s experience database.
- Assist with the coordination of practice group events, sponsorships, advertisements and speaking engagements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong business development credentials, including business planning, research, RFPs and pitches, and client development strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM systems and experience management databases a plus.
- Sound business judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project and process management experience.
- Highly motivated, persuasive, priority-driven, and collaborative.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and perform well under pressure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required and 5 or more years of marketing experience, preferably with a law firm or professional services firm, or any combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Loading some great jobs for you...