Digital Marketing Manager
Request ID: 30350-1
POSITION: Digital Content Strategist
LOB: BMO Content Team
DURATION: End of Fiscal (October 31st, 2019)
EXTENSION: Strong Possibility
Location: 111 W. Monroe, Chicago, IL 60603
Dress Code: Business Casual
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Content Strategy, the Digital Content Strategist, Customer Journeys is responsible for the development of compelling, engaging, brand-aligned copy for BMO’s digital channels, specifically customer journeys and sales applications that focus on customer acquisition.
This is a critical position within the Enterprise Content Team, and the ideal candidate will have the rare opportunity to realize and drive the direction of BMO’s tone and voice across several online experiences. They, along with the Enterprise Content Team, are responsible for the content strategy, architectural direction and brand voice to maximize customer experience, build brand/product credibility and improve sales/lead conversions.
In partnership with Enterprise Content teammates, this role will design and execute content best practices for BMO, construct tests to optimize content across all digital channels and provide advice and recommendations on initiatives to maximize revenue opportunities and provide best-in-class customer experiences.
Project Management / Strategy / Content Creation / Measurement (50%):
• Contribute to the creation of content strategies that appeal to BMO's multiple digital audiences.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and effective execution of powerful digital content to support marketing activities and brand awareness.
• Proactively make recommendations and enhancements to improve content on BMO digital platforms
• Study the use of content by FI’s and other industries, and share learnings and a POV with the Enterprise Content Team.
• Lead the development of BMO’s digital content, ensuring consistency with business strategies, best practices, and brand guidelines.
• Lead the planning, definition, and implementation of the editorial/content strategy for BMO’s web properties.
• Develop and maintain a content strategy for all web site content in partnership with appropriate internal stakeholders and outside vendors.
• Author and edit digital content in conjunction with Digital Managers, UX/UI designers and content team members
• Continuously improve content quality, with recommendations for content solutions that expand both the breadth and exposure of content offerings and audience reach.
• Assist in the monitoring, publishing, analysis and enhancement of site content, organization and presentation.
• Assist in creating and maintaining both manual and automated content workflows.
• Contribute to web application development initiatives by crafting, reviewing, or consulting on the content and display of field labels, controls, success and error messaging.
• Ensure best practices by writing and applying alt-text for images across BMO’s websites, optimize web pages for search engines. Write content for meta keyword and description tags as needed
Relationship Management (20%)
• Cultivate interactive relationships with Senior Digital & Marketing Stakeholders to understand overall business objectives, identify opportunities and understand how digital goals can be maximized through all BMO digital channels.
• Collaborate with partners to develop clear business and measurement objectives and work collaboratively to optimize digital results.
• Represent the Digital and Channels Marketing team on projects and initiatives, providing digital content expertise and identify opportunities to deliver resources that drive brand credibility/reputation, customer engagement and improve sales/lead performance.
• Provide competitive intelligence and insight into digital content landscape and assess the business value of online initiatives.
Change and Innovation (10%)
• Proactively identify opportunities and provide plans and recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency for both content as a whole and the processes we use to develop it.
• Stay up-to-date on industry changes and emerging technologies that provide opportunities for the Enterprise Digital Content Team.
• Be committed to researching and finding a better way to work with stakeholders, external vendors, freelance writers, teammates and other partners.
Risk Management and Control (20%)
• Abide by overall governance process for digital content, and contribute to optimizing it.
• Recognize new standards, create new processes and partner with enterprise services team to update them as needed.
• Understand requirements and monitor overall compliance to all digital policies, procedures, and brand guidelines for any/all digital properties within BMO, identifying areas of concern to be completed or escalating as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Liaise with teammates to ensure content supports and enhances product launches, campaigns, and brand initiatives in order to meet business objectives and drive bottom-line results.
• Develop strategic and effective project plans, workflows and calendars to ensure the timely publication of Enterprise Content Team initiatives.
• Lead digital copywriting initiatives as part of BMO’s cross-functional agile teams, from pitch and conceptual briefing to final copy and proofing. The Digital Content Strategist will:
- Create original web copy to motivate engagement and conversion, tailored to various audience segments.
- Collaborate with teams to develop meaningful product stories that are on-brand and on-strategy.
- Translate complex technical documentation into consumer-friendly language that drives action.
- Develop content for everything from product/service descriptions to short-form application copy, all designed to guide the customer through the consideration and purchase funnel.
- Present final copy to stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to support their content choices and negotiate/compromise when needed
• Update and maintain WordPress sites, Content Management Systems and SharePoint, as needed.
• Take a proactive approach to improving existing copy, as well as develop governance guidelines for ensuring maintenance, and removal of outdated content.
• Manage and maintain copy decks from start to finish (including internal client revisions, legal/compliance feedback, technical updates, accessibility copy)
• Help review other Content Strategists’ copy, editing for voice and tone, and provide guidance and insights on best practices where applicable
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• In-depth knowledge of digital/mobile and user experience
• 5+ years of experience writing content for a digital corporate or financial audience, preferred
• Proven experience developing and implementing content marketing strategies across digital channels
• Experience executing a successful online customer experience from a content perspective
• Strong communication skills and excellent writing and presentation skills; self-motivation and creativity
• Resourceful self-starter who can analyze complex problems quickly and methodically
• Ability to work independently, with a disciplined and organized approach
• Ability to bring complex communication materials to life through effective collaboration and facilitation
• Ability to produce high-quality output in fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
• Working knowledge of marketing principles
• Team player and relationship-builder, able to effectively work cross-functionally and gain consensus when needed
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Strategic project management skills & the ability to educate and gain sign-off from senior stakeholders
• Familiarity and experience with Content Management Systems, HTML and other Web technologies
• Ability to oversee the work of external vendors
• Ability to guide and mentor interns and contractors
• Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adapt at juggling multiple priorities to meet deliverable dates
• Strategic project management skills
• Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Flexibility to quickly adjust to unforeseen changes in priorities and workload
• Bachelors’ Degree in English, Journalism or other writing/communication field
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...