KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Senior Performance Application Developer
If you are interested in optimizing computer programs and underlying infrastructure to run as efficiently as possible, squeezing every bit of performance out of the system, then this is a job you will love. This performanceengineeringteamis a critical DevOps function that focuses on delivering highperforming andscalable applications to our clients in a very fast paced agile environment. As a shared service group, our engineers get an opportunity to work on both legacy systems such as our DB2 based revolutionary tax engine as well as our AngularJs and Restful APIs based modern client facingapplications and micro services. Our engineersdefine workloads that modelthe performance of our systems, automate the measurement of these workloads, conduct analysis to gain insights into how to make the systems run faster and use resources more efficiently. In this role, you will leverage previous software development experience in designing and developing performance framework to build a federated model and spin of performance scripting and test executions to the individual requesting teams.
You will actively use performance tools, profilers and monitors to analyze, optimize component level performance metrics. In addition, you will learn about how our technology is deployed for various use cases in an agile environment using the latest and highly streamlined release processes.Youwill work closely with a group of talented software developers, architects and databaseengineersto lead performance testing, analysis and optimization initiatives across a variety of high usage applications and products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability in work assignments. Be resourceful and collaborate with respective teams to quickly solve performance and scalabilitychallenges
- Strategize, Introduce and implement performance analysis framework that allows the developers performance test applications at a click of a button and analyze results using the framework
- Design workloads and simulations to model our applications usage and establish performance and scalability benchmarks
- Review applications, database architecture/design and collaborate witharchitects to suggest performance best practices during the design
- Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics
- Analyze performance data from JVM, database, middle-tier and services to determine cause of performance regressions and identify areas for performance optimizations
- Collaborate with R&D and Product teams todefine non-functional requirements, recommend improvements, resolve performance defects and drive standardization efforts
- Automate the tracking and publishing of Performance results across software builds and releases to ensure high quality releases
- Utilize Performance testing and analysis to strengthen our application performance monitoring strategy with a focus on high risk and volume areas
- Good Understanding of Splunk architecture including index management, configuration files for log onboarding and access
- Strong knowledge of Splunk best practices to build effective visualizations, alerts and dashboards around key business transactions, performance and health metrics to get deeper operational and system insight on the systems
- Demonstrate a technical aptitude to do a deep-dive into problem areas and contribute to redesigns that are faster, cleaner, and require less maintenance
- Demonstrate both individual contributor and team player capabilities
- Be an advocate for performance and present, recommend performance best practices across the organization
- Performance and Scalability Analysis of high transaction, multi-tier applications
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and profile enterprise JAVA applications at code as well as middle tier level by specifically pointing out problematic classes, methods or configurations
- Strong Automation and coding skills using Shell, Python, Perl, Java or other languages
- Strong understanding of performance tuning Relational databases
- Knowledge of Networking concepts
- Streaming and Queuing knowledge in tools such as KAFKA, MFT, Golden Gate etc.
- Full Stack Monitoring knowledge and experience using custom or industry standard solutions
- Ability to develop custom performance and scalability frameworks, tools using Java, python or similar programming/scripting languages
- Performance and Scalability analysis of Cloud based applications preferably AWS
- Experience with capacity planning in Cloud including sizing and utilization
- Experience in AWS Services such as RedShift and Snowflake
Associated topics: .net, application architect, architect, back end, devops, java, maven, programming, senior, software architect