Ensures the efficient control and availability of technical information for engineering and construction projects for assigned facilities and sites.
Works under the general supervision of the Senior Program Manager or Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Catalogs, files, retrieves, copies, and distributes drawings and plant documents in accordance with established procedures.
* Uses the Document Control System to search, cross reference, change and update document control records.
* Operates a variety of equipment including blueprint machines, electronic scanners, fax, microfiche readers and plotters. Demonstrates operation of self-service equipment to the Center's customers.
* Retains facility records in accordance with MWRA record retention policy.
* Organizes, types, and formats specifications, reports, and technical publications submitted by the department staff.
* Administers and updates the equipment, schedule, component and library databases.
* Provides construction, engineering, operations and maintenance personnel with initial assistance in locating drawings required to perform work at MWRA sites.
* Sorts and classifies drawings, references (periodicals, journals), service contracts and MWRA standard engineering specifications for integration into records groups and series, in accordance with established procedures. Collects and distributes mail and timesheets.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
* Reading, writing, mathematical, scientific and oral communication skills as normally acquired through two (2) year business education degree or equivalent; and
* Working knowledge of engineering drawings and document cataloging as normally attained through two (2) years of engineering aide work; and
* Working knowledge of office practices and procedures as evidenced by three (3) years experience in projecting supply usage and equipment replacement, developing correspondence and documenting procedures; or
* Any equivalent combination of education or experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Word.
* Demonstrated experience in the operation of scanners, viewers, imager, printers, plotters and reproduction equipment.
* Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to learn and use facility information software.
* Knowledge of graphic printing processing as obtained through exposure to computer aided drafting and design, computer aided publishing, geographic information systems, document scanning/printing systems or similar systems.
* Must have successfully completed the MIS and professional development-related Administrative Certificate Program (ACP) requirements for this position. If no qualified ACP certified applicant applies for the position, the selected candidate will have 6 months to complete the ACP program.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Hand tools, mobile radio, telephone, beeper, scanners, plotters, and personal computer including word processing and other software, copy and fax machine.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.