Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children?s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world.? In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.? Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children?s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. ?More information can be found at?
In Talent Management and Development we?re passionate about attracting, nurturing, and developing all-star talent at Penguin Random House. It?s the most important thing we do, and it?s our purpose.
The role As Sr. Manager, Talent Management and Development, you?ll have both US and global responsibilities and collaborate with HR colleagues and business leaders to build and deliver best-fit OD, talent and learning solutions aligned to the overarching business strategy and objectives.?
As part of your role, you?ll support the attraction, growth, and management of our employee talent, support our inclusion strategy and recommend and implement a wide range of learning and development programming through our core US curriculum, while working seamlessly with our parent company colleagues on enterprise level talent initiatives such as succession planning and global development programming.
Who you are You thrive as an exceptional multi-tasker, who has a real passion for talent development and learning solutions. You appreciate our businesses challenges and see opportunities and how they link to talent needs. You?re a problem-solver who thinks fast and adapts quickly to change and is happy to be \"hands-on\" in all aspects of our team's work.? Most of all, you?re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills. You are adept at building relationships and are a trusted advisor, coach, and facilitator.
What you bring
* Experience in full spectrum learning and organizational development and/or talent management within a mid- to large-enterprise
* Ability to build positive and productive working relationships with diverse groups of people, both internally and externally to the HR team
* Experienced in designing, building and delivering optimized?learning and talent programs and initiatives
* Culturally competent with a strong global and cultural awareness, and ability to apply a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to the learning and talent agenda, supporting the continued building of a rich, and inclusive culture
* Demonstrated competence as a group facilitator, with a track record of impactful and effective program delivery to various audiences
* Proven project management skills that can move crucial talent development and management initiatives from inception to completion within assigned timeframes
* Adept problem solver with strong analytical ability, able to navigate through ambiguity and complexity to analyze a situation and looks beyond details to see the overarching goals and results
* A strong team player, and mentor
On the wish-list: * Coaching accreditation and experience
* Experience in a global and matrix organization * Experience working in creative/media organizations
A sample of the job responsibilities:
* Collaborate with the VP, Global Talent Management and across the Talent and HR team on implementing new initiatives in support of the overarching talent management and development roadmap/strategy
* Work on the annual talent management processes in support of identifying and managing our global talent including the annual talent reviews, succession planning, talent mapping, and pipeline development
* Manage the day to day talent rotation programs and global exchanges, working closely with global HR colleagues, our parent company Bertelsmann, and the talents themselves
* Advise and provide internal coaching to US-based employees
* Collaborate with HR colleagues and business leaders to assess performance and skills gaps and respond proactively through appropriate creative and innovative experiential programs, coaching and team facilitation
* Design, build and facilitate programs and workshops in support of achieving team and business goals. ?Includes partnering with subject matter experts on identifying focus areas and content design, and applying adult learning theories to the process
* Identify qualified external consultants as needed, monitoring and managing their work (such as executive coaching, content providers, etc.)
The need to knows: * Role based in New York City, US * May include domestic and international travel, up to 4 trips per yearPenguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.