Donor Communications and Stewardship ManagerDepartment:
Office of AdvancementReports To:
Director of Special ProjectsContext:
Develops, designs, and implements a broad range of communications and marketing materials, which help to engage, cultivate and steward major donors, planned giving prospects, membership prospects and existing members/donors of the Sierra Club and Sierra Club Foundation. Scope:
The Manager is responsible for managing projects that help translate key fundraising priorities of the Sierra Club into compelling publications, events, and other marketing vehicles. Serves as a principal liaison for Advancement with the Sierra Club's media and communications team as well as the Sierra Club Foundation. Job Activities:Oversees the development and production of case-building publications, brochures, newsletters, mailings targeted for major donors, event invitations, web sites, presentations, promotional videos, and other communications vehicles, and serves as the principal editor as well as the owner of brand and graphic standards for the Office of Advancement.Works with Major Gifts, Membership/Direct Marketing, Business Partnerships, and Planned Giving team members, relevant Programs/Conservation campaign staff leaders, and other key stakeholders on delivering donor cultivation and stewardship materials for events.Develops content for donor programs and activities. Keeps current on Club programs and environmental issues to maintain relevance and appropriateness of programs content.Participates in the development of communication plans for Club programs in conjunction with Senior Advancement and Programs staff, and assists in the production of evolving multimedia communications for Club campaigns, working with colleagues across the organizations to develop, edit, revise and revamp power points, videos, brochures, prospectus materials, online donor surveys and other materials as needed.Performs liaison function with Senior Communications and Digital Strategies teams to integrate Advancement messaging in Sierra Club media, and integrates key organizational messaging in donor relations activities and materials. Manages and coordinates with the Donor Communications Specialist project management workload, and assists the Director of Special Projects in overall strategic stewardship plans for major donors.Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.Knowledge and Skills:
- BA degree in Marketing, Communication or related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- 4-6 years' experience in communications and marketing within a non-profit or philanthropic work environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and tools of fundraising
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize cohesive sophisticated design themes for publications including Annual Reports
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience with in-house design work and brand consistency
- Familiarity with print design and publishing practices a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple important priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of effective, high touch contact for donor, volunteer and staff constituencies, and an unwavering customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively across organizations, with diverse groups of people, and across departments within the Sierra Club to build effective teams
- Skill in using discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Sierra Employee Alliance.
The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
This is a category 4 exempt position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas. The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
*If you are applying for more than one position with us, please attach your job-specific cover letters in the 'Attachments' section