STONE Resource Group is looking for an INDEPENDENT Contractor for an engagement with a major company in Rochester!
2 months, with renewal every 2 months for up to a year
Must be able to work as an independent contractor, 1099
What are the core responsibilities this person will have day in and day out?
The Sr. Network Architect functions as an expert technical specialist and/or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced knowledge, engineering techniques, concepts, and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity or serve as a senior technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
This Senior Network Architect will be responsible for network architecture planning, development, design and implementation for clients. Analyzes client’s business needs to develop telecommunications strategy and technology solutions. May offer technical advisory and consulting services to the client. Provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to business development and pursuit activities, including creating proposal, scope, level of effort estimation and implementation plans. Leads and participates in project execution and technical delivery.
Key duties include:
• Communicating directly with clients (sometimes non-technical clients) to identify current and future network and telecommunication needs
• Collaborate with, lead, and/or delegate responsibilities to a team of engineers
• Assesses and understand how industry standards for models apply to network design and implementation best practices
• Leads as technical subject matter expert on major projects and application roll-outs
• Responsible for developing and adhering to all engineering/quality processes and procedures and all documentation/tools
• Work hand-in-hand with project management on project delivery and technical issues
• Leads in developing and managing scope, schedule, and budget requirements
• Directs production teams and may coordinate multiple discipline activities
• Supports continuous improvement of project and internal processes
• Candidate should be well versed with change management, maintenance window activities and rollback procedures as they relate to migration strategies.
• Written and graphical documentation and processes development
• Validates work of lower level network engineers
• Capable of optimizing day-to-day operational stability with the continual need to improve the service and deploy new services, processes and technologies
• Understands, advocates, and supports IT strategies
• Support the pursuit and development of current and new business opportunities
• Deliver written communications especially pertaining to creating and publishing professional processes and procedures, including System Requirements, Method of Procedures (MOPs), work packages, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP), among other related deliverables.
• Create or expand utility communication systems which best meet client requirements
• Mentors and trains others on the network services team
• Is externally recognized in industry as an expert that enhances the Company brand
Local and Regional Travel up to 25-50%, some overnight travel may be required
Work Environment: Typical office environment.
Typically, a minimum of 10+ years network related work experience. Utility experience preferred.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Expert knowledge of IP and Data Network Design and engineering design principles, guides and standards.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
• Extensive experience in designing and evaluating Data Networks (i.e. IP, Cybersecurity, Firewall, etc.)
• Specific product knowledge and hands-on configuration and procurement experience on a variety of Network vendors.
• Advanced knowledge of various protocols such as, but not limited to TCP/IP eBGP, iBGP, OSPF, EIGRP MPLS
• Advanced understanding of, and experience with, most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, QoS, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP.
• Extensive experience with configuring, testing and evaluating IP networks
• Extensive experience with installation, commissioning, and integrating Data Network devices such as routers, switches, fiber and cable management, and rack power distribution.
• Ability to evaluate, refine, and implement network designs.
• Professional network documentation skills, including, but not limited to the development and updating of network drawings, rack layouts, cut sheets and various technical deliverables.
• Knowledge of telecommunications technologies and architectures
• Experience with scoping engineering deliverable content
• Advanced knowledge of industry and technology trends a plus
• Experience with technical proposals
• Knowledge of network power systems and requirements
• Knowledge of, or experience with configuring RF/WiMax/Microwave radio equipment a plus
• Network security knowledge and practical application
• Advanced knowledge in design and implementation for highly resilient and scalable network architecture
• Intermediate knowledge of transport technologies such as DWDM, Carrier Ethernet, SONET, etc.
• IP4 and/or IPv6 address planning
• Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration
• Intermediate knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating
• Intermediate business & financial acumen
• Network assessment experience
• Circuit capacity planning knowledge and/or experience* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...