Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a large, complex business and technology environment. This individual must be recognized as a proven technologist and team leader, with proven experience interacting with business and technology management. Be a strong leader in a matrixed environment, recognized for building credibility, commitment and energy within her/his team, and with technology and business partners.
Job responsibilities include:
* Provide architecture leadership to the organization. Take a lead role in our continued roll-out and adoption of mature and standard architecture methodologies. Participate in the day-to-day execution of the architecture strategy
* Constantly develop knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Identify new and emerging solutions, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organization and present information to teammates and management.
* Will act as the leader and owner for one or more architecture strategies at any given time. These strategies will be enterprise wide and vary in topic. Ideally the candidate must be able to apply a broad range of architecture skills, rather than deep strength in one architecture discipline.
* Act as an agent of change in taking a new approach to Enterprise Architecture to better align with our Agile practices. The candidate will be a member of a newly forming Enterprise Architecture team. They are expected to take an active role in the formation of the team, our agenda and our evolution.
* Work across the enterprise to develop, communicate, and mentor others on design and implementation standards, guidelines and best practices. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the company and external constituents.
Other duties may include:
* Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
* Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews.
* Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
* Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
* Perform project level design, debug and performance analysis.
* Responsible for the development and production support of enterprise application utilities and models to include publishing, best practices and guidelines for supported technologies.
* Work with vendors and product management areas to establish required infrastructures and frameworks.
* Provide 'Shrink Wrap' solutions to solve business and technical needs. Perform product evaluations, and Proof of Concepts'.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Technical Knowledge: Advanced conceptual understanding of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environments necessary to support assigned projects. Management & Team Orientation: Able to understand of staff roles and abilities and provide input regarding their development. Able to build and maintain partnerships across the organization and influence effectively. Able to put success of the team above own interest. Problem Solving & Decision Making: Advanced analytical and diagnostics skills. Able to solve highly complex problems by using accepted processes or creating new approaches to leverage technology. Able to see the big picture and is aware of broader enterprise direction. Ability to assess the long-term and short-term implications of decisions. Self-Management: Able to manage cross-functional objectives and/or priorities. Able to set appropriate levels of risk taking and gathers/synthesizes information before making decisions. Commitment to Quality Results: Advanced communication skills - able to ensure all stakeholders are informed of developments that impact their functions. Able to effectively tailor communications to audience. Able to anticipate customer needs and change accordingly. Planning & Project Management: Ability to execute projects accurately, on time, and within budget. Able to reassess and adjust tactical and/or operation direction of project. Financial Awareness: Advanced financial awareness. Understands fiscal budgeting and expense control process. Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness.
The primary function of this position is to provide architectural leadership and technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of initiatives based on Common Delivery, Services Based Architecture, and Agility, for highly complex and/or multiple projects. In addition, this position helps develop the strategic and technical initiatives behind line of business and/or enterprise projects and programs. This job is a Manager: Responsible for setting work objectives and goals for employees and managing their performance. Typically involved in compensation decisions. Employees have a formal reporting relationship to this job. This job works under General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. Prefer at least 15 years of experience delivering large enterprise grade systems preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in enterprise, application, and information architecture.
* 3 years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
* Ability to make decisions in a rational, systematic, and logical manner.
* Must lead others through the decisions.
* The ideal candidate must take risks in a practical manner, work across the enterprise and drive to a win/win for all; don't accept the status quo.
* Experience managing others preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 6 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required. 3 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Associated topics: analyst, cash, corporate banking, credit, director finance, equity trading, finance, financial, pay, risk