Job ID: 67854
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore, MD US
Hours of Work: M-F / 8 Hours / No weekends or Holidays
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
University of Maryland Medical Center
Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) - Cancer Center
Full Time / M - F (8 Hours) /No weekends or Holidays
* CRNP Adult, Acute Care or Family*
University of Maryland Medical Center(UMMC) has achieved Magnet status in recognition of the hospital nursing excellence. UMMC is a teaching hospital with 757 beds based in Baltimore, Maryland, that provides the full range of health care. It has more than 35,000 inpatient admissions and 165,000 outpatient visits each year. The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center (also known as Shock Trauma) is the world's first center dedicated to saving lives of people with severe, life-threatening injuries sustained in motor vehicle collisions, violent crimes and other traumatic incidents. Our vision is to provide high value and compassionate care, improving health in Maryland and beyond, educating future health care leaders and discovering innovative ways to advance medicine worldwide.
Be Part of Something Greater!
Under general supervision, responsible for diagnosing and treating patients in collaboration with physician colleagues. Provide continuity of patient care by facilitating and coordinating communication between the health care team, patient and patient's family. Coordinate care to ensure quality, cost effective care; appropriate length of stay; and patient safety. Serves as link integrating relevant research and best practices.
What You Need to Be Successful:
* Master of Science Degree with completion of an appropriate primary or acute care care Nurse Practitioner program. Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Examiners of Nurses and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland. Certified in area of specialty. DEA and CDS eligible.
* CRNP Adult, Acute Care, or Family
* BCLS as required
* Demonstrated ability to promote professionalism through involvement in professional organizations, teaching, research, publishing, and/or certification in area of specialty.
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
* Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with patient families, departmental units, medical and nursing staff on all essential matters. Demonstrated/documented effective interpersonal skills.
* Maintains updated hospital safety and other mandatory training.
* Updated immunizations as recommended per practice area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: adult nurse practioner, aprn, associate, board, certified nursing assistant, community, ob, prn, specialis, specialist