Blavity, Inc. is looking for a part-time copy editor for Travel Noire.
Travel Noire is a necessity in every traveler's toolkit. Our goal is to create tools and resources for the unconventional traveler and to inspire our community to explore their own backyards and beyond.
Travel Noire's copy editor will be the last line of defense against poor grammar and misspellings. He or she will also be responsible for knowing and enforcing TN's editorial handbook and style guide.
This role is part-time and remote.
- Checking text to ensure it is well written, logically structured and in the right style for the intended audience
- Correcting grammar and spelling
- Ensuring the text is in line with the publisher's 'house style' - for example, that hyphens, capital letters and optional spellings are used consistently
- Checking facts
- Raising queries with the author
- Being alert to any potential legal problems in the text, such as libellous statements or breach of copyright, and discussing them with the publisher
- checking illustrations and captions are correct
- 1 - 2 years experience in a digital publishing
- excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar
- a meticulous approach work and an eye for detail
- the ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- a love of and feel for language