Job location: Miami, FL
Must have a valid and active Florida License and be Board Eligible or Board Certified in pediatrics.
Physician will be responsible for the following:
1) Caring for pediatric patients presenting with all aspects of developmental difficulties, and behavioral problems.
2) Teaching pediatric residents and medical students about the care and management of developmental and behavioral pediatrics. This will include the initial evaluation, education of the patient, management, long term follow-up. Appropriate use of imaging, consultants, genetic evaluation, psychoeducational assessments, etc.
3) Presenting state of the art information at appropriate conferences such as Grand Rounds, noon conferences, and local, regional, and national CME meetings.
4) Developing and publishing clinical research projects.
5) Obtaining external funding for research from community partners, outside agencies, and NIH.
6) Inpatient consultations where appropriate.
7) Helping to develop curriculum for developmental and behavioral pediatrics for the residents and for medical student rotations.
8) Helping to develop interdisciplinary teaching through other subspecialties to promote and teach developmental and behavioral pediatrics.
9) Meeting with community pediatricians to develop referral patterns and inform them about available services.
10) Participate in the Fragile X team.
11) Develop and/or participate in clinical trials where available.
12) Other activities as discussed with the division director.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Faculty-UMMGPay Grade:50 * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...