Quality Specialist, FSQ Systems
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next generation as was done for almost 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand. We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We are looking for a Quality Specialist, FSQ Systems to join our team to provide leadership and technical expertise for systems critical to Welch's production of consistent, as-designed, safe, products, that are fully compliant to all regulatory and customer requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and become the subject matter expert of the Devex Specification System (product specifications, ingredient specifications, and product development testing processes).
- Troubleshoot, work within the system, provide support & training to the broader organization.
- Lead projects aimed at optimizing and leveraging Devex to further benefit Welch's (incorporation of new businesses or processes).
- Point for contact with vendor (Selerant) to fix issues and create improvements
- Lead meetings with R&D, FSQ on Devex projects to assure consistent, standardized use of system and quick troubleshooting
- Assure flawless publishing of specifications from Devex to SpecNet system.
- Provide support for other projects: e.g. policies & procedures, Ingredient specification, GIG integration, etc..
- Understand product development of juice/spreads to provide support of Devex.
- Provide technical support by utilizing quality systems to assure supply chain / manufacturing has most up to date information to produce the right products consistently. Specific projects include:
- Patron report reconciliation between Oracle, Devex, and working with product development
- Provide specifications to new co-manufacturers, working with FSQ & PD teams
- Support ingredient specifications updating, issue troubleshooting with Ingredient FSQ Leader.
- SpecNet update backup when primary person out of office
- Lead the identification, sourcing, implementation, and maintenance of a statistical process control system across Welch's owned facilities. This system will provide a central Food Safety & Quality data base that will allow for easy capture, analysis, operator decision making, and remote access for the following:
- Juice harvest and tank data
- Processing data
- HACCP / regulatory data
- Packaging data
- Lead a broader cross functional team that would develop, provide design criteria, and implement the Process Control System. Provide on-going ownership, troubleshooting, and training for this system.
- Once implemented, in addition to maintaining, this position would be responsible for helping to utilize the data to deliver continuous improvement projects focused on improved efficiency, reduced loss, improved product consistency, and reduction in operational issues.
Who You Are:
- Ability to manage multiple projects delivering against aggressive timelines and complete work in a timely manner
- Be a strong communicator comfortable in both one on one and small group settings (meetings, presentations, trainings)
- Provide regular updates and communication to project team, leadership, and stakeholders on all projects and work
- Provide project management leadership and skills for all projects
- Ability to work with diverse, cross functional team to achieve desired project objectives
- Understand and be able to apply basic Statistical Process Control / basic Six Sigma tools to drive product and process quality improvements and leverage data either on continuous improvement projects or troubleshooting issues.
- Knowledgeable on product development process and Welch's products to the level that can assure the systems are set up to best support the business.
- Technically curious with the ability to translate insights into action.
- A positive attitude that integrates well with the Welch's team and helps to create a positive team environment
- Responsible to conduct oneself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Ability to become a subject matter expert, develop, and execute training for systems responsible for
What You'll Need:
- Foundational technical skills that ensure that all the above requirements are met. Background can be in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology or related science. This background should be a combination of academic and practical experience in the production environment.
- 3 - 8 years combined experience in Food Safety or Quality Assurance, Plant Quality Assurance, Product Development, and/or Plant Operations.
- Familiarity and ability to work within a relational database environment and affinity to working within quality information systems.
- Understanding of fundamental product development process.
- Understanding of plant operations as it relates to food safety and quality with experience in plant quality and food safety management.
- Ability to travel 20 -30%
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's believes diversity makes good business sense and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran
Loading some great jobs for you...